6. Many students complain of the ______ college entrance exam for which they have to prepare in the early age.
A. exhaust B. exhaustive C. exhausting D. exhausted
7. Special thanks are ______ to the sponsors of the event, Montville Electronics and Heffers Furniture.
A. due B. proper C. apt D. ready
8. Recently Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano has been violently spewing lava. There is no way to know whether the lava will stop tomorrow or continue for years to come. Many businesses are struggling with the ________.
A. uncertainty B. impossibility C. tendency D. insufficiency
9. Having finished their morning work, the clerks stood up behind their desks, ______ themselves.
A. expanding B. stretching C. prolonging D. extending
10. The computer revolution may well change society as ______ as did the Industrial Revolution.
A. certainly B. insignificantly C. fundamentally D. comparatively